It took me a bit of time to discover this strategy but I think that it is working. In order to compensate for Mom’s hearing loss, whenever we are chatting and if I believe that she may not fully hear me, I point to things and oh boy! She is so good at understanding and responding.
So for example, if I wish her to chat about something on the TV as I am relaxing close by, I point to the TV and she knows how to respond.
If I wish her to give me feedback on my top, I stand in front of her and point to my top. She almost immediately gets it.
Then, if I walk towards her and point to my shoes and slacks, she immediately knows that I am seeking her opinion as to whether shoes and slacks match.
Then, if she sees me trying to find something on her counter, I point to the counter and place my hands on the surface of the counter. She quickly realizes what I am trying to say and she responds.
Or, if I walk towards her to ask how my hair looks after I have washed and dried it, I point with my hair brush to my head and she is on it. This is my pointing strategy. This is my brilliant Mom!
If you would like to learn more about me as a sight-loss coach and author then I invite you now to visit http://www.donnajodhan.com
There you will not only learn about me as a sight-loss coach and author but you will also gain insights into my campaign against bullying and why I strongly believe that you need to consider joining me in order to insure that the future of our kids with their wide-eyed smiles and infectious laughter is secured forever.
Follow me on Twitter @accessibleworld and at author_jodhan
And like me on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/donnajodhan and at www.facebook.com/authordonnajodhan
Thursday, August 27, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.