My Dear Aunty,
I apologize for not being able to be here at your funeral today but I thank Robert for giving me this opportunity to write to you and to share my thoughts with your friends and family.
I know that over the past several years, your life was filled with so many health challenges. But I want you to know how impressed I am with the way you handled it all. You fought the good fight and whereas so many of us would have given up a long time ago, you fought and fought and at the end Jesus took you from us because he felt that it was time for you to enter a new life.
You battled hearing loss, sight loss, speech loss along with physical weaknesses. You took the blows like a true trooper and every time I asked you how you were doing you said, “hanging in there.”
I want you to know how much I enjoyed spending times with you and the boys when I was growing up. I always looked forward to when you and Uncle Peter would come to Toco and Mayaro to be with us. You never hesitated to let Stephen and Robert play with me when we were spending times together. These 2 little boys filled my heart with so much joy and treasured moments.
Then when Mom sent you and Uncle Peter to meet me at school once or twice! I was so very excited each time you and Uncle Peter came to meet me and I always smiled to myself when both you and Uncle Peter took such care to ensure that Mr. Connor did not bump his head in the car.
Then when you, Mom, and I made 2 trips to Margarita! What fun we had enjoying the food and the Spanish ambiance. We sure had some wonderful laughs!
Aunty, I know that you were always proud of me and I thank you for having supported me. You never hesitated to ask me questions about myself and what I was doing and I never got tired of telling you how I, as a blind person, carried out my daily chores. You, your boys, and Uncle Peter never seemed to be afraid of my blindness and were always so very comfortable around me.
When I spent 2 weeks with you and Uncle Peter in 1995, after Mom had to vacate her home for renovation, we spent such wonderful moments together.
You are gone now but will not be forgotten. I know that Mom will miss you. You should be very proud of who you were and how well you raised your boys! Stephen is a wonderful man with a big heart and lots of love and patience. Robert was always so concerned about your health and Gerard cared about you.
Rest now, Aunty. Watch over us now and until we meet again!
Your niece, Donna (or Miss Lorna as you used to call me)
If you would like to learn more about me as a sight-loss coach and author then I invite you now to visit http://www.donnajodhan.com
There you will not only learn about me as a sight-loss coach and author but you will also gain insights into my campaign against bullying and why I strongly believe that you need to consider joining me in order to insure that the future of our kids with their wide-eyed smiles and infectious laughter is secured for ever.
Follow me on Twitter @accessibleworld and at author_jodhan
And like me on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/donnajodhan and at www.facebook.com/authordonnajodhan
Wednesday, September 23, 2026
So very sorry! Letter to Aunty June, February 07, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.